Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Phone Call and a Playdate

Just had to type up a quick entry about a phone call I received today. My sister-in-law, Lisa, rang in the later afternoon proclaiming boredom and a touch of cabin fever. We exchanged similar stories and before I knew it we had agreed that she would drive over to my place and we'd trek off to our local park.

I am so glad she picked up the phone to call me. I really enjoyed her visit and had a wonderful time picking up her children and giving them a cuddle when they obliged. I adore her children as I do my own and get so much from seeing them tot themselves around.

It was lovely too to see Maggie entertain them and see my sister-in-law interact with her. I think that Lisa must have set quite an impression with Maggie too as she detailed a rather fancy story at dinner time about a time when she and Lisa went blackberry picking in the forest and took all the strawberries away from the big bear.

Can't wait to do it again and Lisa, I finally got my laundry put away tonight. Well, most of it. Another load is spinning around in the dryer as I type.

1 comment:

Tonya Staab said...

I'm trying to arrange a playdate next week with Lisa, wanna come???? I'd love to finally 'meet' you :)