Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Sentiment to File Away

....I believe that you are really close to being the person you want to be....


This is what my husband said to me on Saturday as I was running over a few little minor blips in some of my past and current relationships with friends and family. It was so profound and just about the best compliment I have ever received at the most perfect time.

My husband knows me well enough to recognize that I can be my own worst critique in striving for ideals I can't always meet. Yet in his eyes -- as wife, mother and friend, I was getting pretty darn close. It was a wonderful, intimate and unforgettable moment on the 405 somewhere between Long Beach and El Segundo and I have filed the sentiment away in my mummy brain to bring out on an as need basis.

No comments: