Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I miss my Mummy

My mother called today. She was super sweet and loving and kind. It broke my heart.

She explained to me that she went shopping for the kids because she was thinking of them and as she couldn't come out and visit she would go shopping for them instead. As she detailed the clothing items she realized some pants were probably too long and a winter jacket may not get worn that much.

Her happy excited chirp fizzled down to a pragmatic mother by the end of the call, "Well, they can grow into them, and you can roll up the legs." I stifled my cries as she did hers, I'm sure.

We both felt the rip in our hearts as we knew if she was living here or I there she could be "Grandma Annie" and take them on shopping trips herself and Grandpa could buy them ice cream and give them his loose change from his deep pockets.

I love my parents and I miss them. My children have no idea of just how much they'd miss them too.

3 comments:

Hope Walls said...

I think I'd go berserk if my Mummy weren't close enough to go for ice cream with. I feel your pain, though - my Daddy passed away almost 2 years ago when my youngest daughter was only 2 - she will never know him like her older siblings did, but she'll know how much he loved her because I plan to tell her every chance I get.

Thanks for stopping by ticblog today - we need all the prayers we can muster, from everywhere.

~H.

debi9kids said...

Oh wow! It must be so difficult to be so far from home. Here I am worrying about moving one state away from my family and you are miles and miles from yours. I just can't imagine.
You have any plans to head home for a visit?

Tonya Staab said...

Oh honey, my heart breaks for you. Is there any chance you'll be able to go over there soon to visit? I truly hope you do. I know how difficult it is to be so far away from your parents. Big hugs.