Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Will Miss This Face

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

My first born is off to Kindergarten next week and I will miss her. I will miss her sunshine and her caring, empathic nature. I will miss her enthusiasm for life itself. I will miss her tall stories about the pet store man dropping of pets for us to care for. I will miss her constant chatter. I will miss her polite requests for cut up plum. I will miss her racing and thundering feet through the weak walls of this house. I will miss her. I will miss her smile and her warm embrace.




My little girl. My big girl.
I will miss you.
More than words or tears can tell.

My little girl. My big girl.
Go forth and stun them all.

Shine light on them --
As you have me.








14 comments:

Chris said...

Letting the first ones take those big steps is sometimes scary and sad. But it will be worth it. School opens up worlds for them.

tiarastantrums said...

shine bright little one!!

Indrani said...

I too felt the same!
She will make it big, no doubt, as she has you.

Corey~living and loving said...

what a sweet, and touching post. :) thanks for sharing your little big girl with us.
Happy PSF!

Cecily R said...

I SO have mommy goose bumps!

She will be wonderful. She will stun them all (I love LOVE that image).

And then she will come home to you!!

imbeingheldhostage said...

What a sweet PSF!

cat said...

Lovely post, lovely photo, lovely poem.

Alex @ I'm the Mom said...

What a beautiful girl.

Big hugs to you. You'll make it through the first week. No worries!

I'll be dealing with the same thing on Sept. 10th.

Izzy, Emmy 'N Alexander said...

A lovely little girl! Good luck on the first day of school.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Big steps for growing kids .... are tough on the mom!

Susan said...

Shine was a good word for that picture because she has the look of a little girl with a beautiful spark within.

debi9kids said...

OH my! Such a pretty post and a beautiful girl!

melinda said...

That is a wonderful beautiful poem, I want to remember it. I wonder did you write it yourself?? (I found your blog from JKs as I am a friend of hers too.)

Kj said...

Melinda,

Thank you for your kind message. To answer your question, yes I did write the poem myself. I'm glad you reminded me of -- she's still my sweet girl and doing wonderfully.

My thoughts are with your friedn JK and hoping, hoping, hoping Super Tuesday will continue to stun them all too :-)