Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ryan Turned Two Today

For Ryan's 2nd birthday this year I decided to host a WPFF amongst friends and family at a local park. Instead of receiving gifts, I asked friends to donate food that would be dropped off at a local food bank. The idea was well received but much to their regrets invitees started to fall to the wayside a couple of days before the planned event. I won't lie, I did start to sulk and considered cancelling the event but I am so glad I didn't. So glad. Look at all the goodies we managed to collect, and there's still more to come as people are still wanting to donate.














The other big plus was that I got to spend some quality time with my adorable niece and nephew (who are growing up so fast) and their mummy, my sister-in-law (aka Lisa). It is my relationship with Lisa that actually inspired this celebration of Ryan's birthday so I cannot take full credit. Please visit Will Play For Food blog for a little inspiration of your own -- it is Lisa's friend and she would be delighted to hear from anyone interested in hosting their own "WPFF".

In the meantime, here's a couple of shots from the even care of Lisa -- "The Birthday Boy and his Birthday Cookie" and "The Cousins Sharing Some Snacks"




2 comments:

L I S A said...

Yes, we're glad you didn't cancel either. Kids had a blast and look at the amount of food you got! Thanks for hosting!

debi9kids said...

I think that is just fantastic that you did that on their birthday! What a wonderful idea!
I will be hosting one next month on the 14th and hope to be successful as well.
JK is just an amazing person to have started this!
OH! And great pics of all the kiddies! How did I not put the connection between you & Lisa? LOL