Saturday, March 31, 2007

Maggie's Song



After a wonderful playful day of walking around San Diego Zoo which I will post about at a later date, we all stopped for dinner before our one hundred mile drive back home. While we were waiting for our dinner to come to the table, Maggie made up this song.

Slippery Fish, Slippery Fish, Slippery Fish, Swimming in the water,
Slippery Fish , Slippery Fish, Slippery Fish, Swimming in the water.
Gulp, gulp -- gulp, gulp.
Oh No!
A Shark ate the Fish.

Slippery Shark, Slippery Shark, Slippery Shark, swimming in the water,
Slippery Shark, Slippery Shark, Slippery Shark, swimming in the water.
Gulp, gulp -- gulp, gulp.
Oh No!
Octopus ate the Shark.

Slippery Octopus, Slippery Octopus, Slippery Octopus, swimming in the water,
Slippery Octopus, Slippery Octopus, Slippery Octopus, swimming in the water.
Gulp, gulp -- gulp, gulp.
Oh no!
Dolphin ate the Octopus.


I cannot begin to tell you all how cute this was. You could see her mind ticking away thinking of what to "sing" next. I'm going to be checking with her pre-school to see if this resembles anything she learned there, but as far as Eric and I could tell this was a "Maggie Original". She even had little hand movements to go along with it.

2 comments:

Kj said...

I sang the song back to Maggie this morning and she told me that it was a squid which ate the shark and a whale which ate the squid, and (crawling) sea star which ate the whale.

Kj said...

Almost a Maggie original. I checked with her pre-school today and they told me it is a song called, "Octopus" by Charlottee Diamond. They lyrics aren't quite the same, but close enough. It's a very cute song; check the link below http://www.songsforteaching.com/charlottediamond/octopusslipperyfish.htm