Monday, March 24, 2008

Give Me Immunity Please

Eric, my hubby is sick. Ryan, my son is sick. Maggie, my daughter is sick. Beni the cat prince is sick. Henri the cat jester is sick. 'tis only the dog and I who are not sick in this house.

I have been wiping noses and dodging sneezes this past week. I have lost out on sleep while I responded and reacted to the calls, coughs, whimpers and sneezes. I am in total shock as to why I have not got sick myself. Granted, I've had the sniffles and the sneezes but that has been due to allergies and a free sample of Allegra and a nose spray from the doctor's office seems to have taken care of the best of it.

Could it be my super fab mummy always on the go diet that is helping me stay cold free? I doubt it. Perhaps its the average of five to six hours of sleep I'm getting every night? No, I doubt that too. Maybe the exercise I do? No again. The only exercise I find the time to do is lifting the wriggling twenty-four pound weight around (aka: Ryan) which, compared to the forty pound plus weight of my other wriggling sickie (aka: Maggie) isn't that much of a workout anymore.

I am going to take my good fortune of immunity and run with it. I'm picking up a fresh carton of orange juice in the morning and will make sure to actually sit down and finish my bowel of Trader Joe's Almond Clusters. I promise too, to make time for a decent lunch of whole grain bread and green greens. I will even snack in mid-afternoon with a crispy fresh and juicy apple and will go all out at dinner and cook me up some tilapia or sol fish.

In the meantime, please send me all your good karma -- I think I might be needing some of it right about now.

No comments: