An update from my post reference Ryan and his speech is that his initial home evaluation indicated he may be eligible to receive services for his speech but scored well in all other areas. This is what I expected to hear. In the meantime I'm waiting for an official report and listening to new sounds Ryan is producing practically everyday now.
I think the comment of the day goes to the physical therapist who was evaluating him when she said, "His cognitive skills are very good -- he 's a smart boy. That's good. Usually when there's a speech delay cognitive skills are behind too. He's showing good imagination too -- he's an independent boy."
Next thing to get checked out will be his hearing to eliminate a hearing loss, which is quite unlikely as his receptive language scored high, and then I'll have to decide if I want to participate in a program we're offered.
I'll post again on this when I have another update. Right now I'm going back to my son, to hold him, hug him and love him some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I can't even imagine how nervous you must have felt. My SIL Lena's son was a very very slow talker, at 5 now, he's a regular chatterbox. We're all so proud of him, and I know Ryan will do just as well. Ryan IS a very smart boy, so I have faith things will all work out. *hugs*
Post a Comment