I know I am at a place, a place I cannot define in words but a place that has a new beginning.
I have felt a whole manner of emotions these past few weeks. I have been heartened by the stories of complete strangers, I've had my heart bruised by those closer to me. The sense of change makes me feel helpless, uneasy and anxious but the love and empathy I feel helps me feel strong and fortunate. It is a peculiar dichotomy.
I am trying to remember that my perception can change with just the smallest flicker of sunlight. I am trying to see the good that I am through the self doubt that lingers -- without losing the lesson that can be learned through my mistakes.
Motherhood can have a harsh and arid environment at times. I can trip over myself with worry and wrought. And then I open my eyes, my ears, my mind and I feel overwhelmed with joy.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
The joy is, off course, the important part.
KJ - you have me worried about you now. I hope everything is okay. I'm going to email you.
Oh Tonya, I am fine. Sorry I got you worried. It was not my intention. I just felt the need to clear my head and reflect. Life if beautiful and I am happy.
Sorry to anyone else who thinks I may have lost it. I am doing fine. Just keeping things in check.
Post a Comment