I had a great day out with my two little ones today. I took them both off to the Aquarium of the Pacific and it was a truly fabulous day. Maggie won the hearts of a few people as she chatted freely about her knowledge of ocean creatures, past and present, and my son happily sat in the backpack carrier taking in the surroundings without protest and even gave up a few involuntary oohs and ahhs. I took a ton of photos and even got a couple of the three of us taken by other families visiting the aquarium. As I packed the kids back in the car and started the drive home I swore I would be writing a blog entry about the day. Then I got home. I checked my email and my blog and discovered the two random bloggers I tagged for a six word memoir decided to take up the challenge. Though my dayout with the kids was a memorable and blog worthy, I decided to write a response to the two random bloggers who gave me a little of themselves. Thank you, both.
I was (and still am) thrilled that two random people, people who I shall probably never meet, choose to respond to the six word memoir invite and am now probably, more than likely, absolutely hooked on visiting them again. Gigi at fireflyhouse, a retired English and Social Studies high-school teacher (yes I did read back that far), sounds like an absolute sweetheart. I'm sure I would have loved her as one of my English teachers. With the exception of one, mine were appauling and sadly, quite forgettable. Gigi's six word memoir was inspired by the love of a great woman -- her mother. It was touching to read about her mother and the kind of life she had and in fact reminded me of someone in my family too -- Amber, I'm sure you know who I thinking of here. I encourage anyone to visit her blog for a little looksee, you might just want to stick around and I thank you Gigi for taking the time to respond to my tag. I enjoyed the beautiful pictures of your mother, the story about her and many of your other entries too. I hope that you continue to be inspired by your family, great movies like "Howard's End" and "The Razors Edge" and the love of your garden. I am so glad I tagged you, and very appreciative that you choose to respond when you could have so easily and quietly ignored me.
Now on to Brian from daddyisanija. What a cool guy. He also graciously took up the challenge to write a six word memoir and I thank you Brian for playing the game. This "Dude", forgive the Americanism my dear Anglicans, but this guy can really only be described as a Dude. Well, by my translation anyway. He is witty, yet serious. Manly yet loving. How anyone can write with such intent and juxtaposition is in a class of their own. By the way Brian, if you're reading this, I think you might enjoy some of Bill Bryson (and please tell me that you have also seen a few of Edgar Wright's movies). The pictures of your family are lovely and the words you choose to describe them are immeasurable. I hope that you are keeping hard copies of these precious and fast growing years and major kudos to you for blogging away in the first place. I love your six word memoir, sounds very appropre and thank you also for forwarding this on to a friend. I love the snowball effect.
Speaking of which, Brian's friend -- Hirsutehersuit at Facemelters Anonymous took up the invite to write a six word memoir too. His sense of humour sounds like a match for you Brian. I think out of all the six word memoirs I have read during this little game, Hirsutehersuit is the most original in thought. Thanks for playing along and keep up with the blogging too.
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Hello KJ,
Thank you so very much for the kind comments about my blog! I'm so glad to have found your blog also and intend to return again and again.
Georganna
Wow, those are some very kind words. Thank you.
Post a Comment