Friday, June 6, 2008

Twenty Things About Me

Tonya at A Day In My Life has pushed me into posting a draft I started some months back by gently (not so gently) encouraging her readers to answer fifty questions about themselves. Rather than responding to the fifty questions I'm posting this old draft I was too shy to post earlier. They are listed in no particular order.


  1. Compassionate about learning -- in all realms, the self, others, cultures, art, literature, my children, my family.

  2. I don't like to disappoint myself, and others even more.

  3. I hate to break a promise and will go to extreme and daft lengths to keep a promise.

  4. I find it easy to forgive and harder to forget.

  5. My peaceful place is anywhere there's water (even the kitchen sink) but preferable a lake or ocean.

  6. I like to swing on the swings at the park.

  7. I've only ever loved once (that would be my hubby).

  8. I spent four, or was it five years studying french -- but please don't ask me to interpret.

  9. The first book I remember really loving was called, "My New Blue Shoes" and my mother used to read it to me at bedtime, over and over and over and over and over again.

  10. Most Americans have seen more of the U.K. and Europe than me -- hopefully that will change.

  11. My dream job without kids and hubby would be to be a travel journalist/photographer.

  12. My dream job with kids and hubby is to stay-at-home and get paid for it.

  13. My favorite colours to wear are brown, green, and blue.

  14. I'd buy a new bag over a pair of shoes.

  15. My guilty pleasures are celebrity gossip and reading other people's blogs.

  16. I prefer savory over sweet foods and cold over hot drinks.

  17. I have a broken nose and once fractured my tail bone (ouch).

  18. I jumped out of an airplane at 8,000 feet over the Great Barrier Reef and Scuba Dived into it the following day. Magnificent.

  19. I first learned to ride a bicycle at fifteen. It was pure adolescent, humiliating, torture.

  20. I have lived in six cities; London, Peterborough, Los Angeles, Houston, Boston, Long Beach. I loved two them, hated two of them and have been happily content with two of them.

2 comments:

Cecily R said...

Hmmmm. Now I want to know which cities you hated and why!!

And I am completely stuck on your jumping out of an airplane and then scuba diving the next day. Both of those things play on my fears. I am a total wuss.

It was fun getting to know you better!!

Tonya Staab said...

My peaceful place is water too. I quite often have a shower or drive to the beach if I need to think or cool off.

You jumped out of a plane over the great barrier reef. How cool. I've been in a glass bottom boat over it but that doesn't sound nearly as cool.

Thank you for posting your list :)