Thursday, June 19, 2008

Reader and CCC Headshots

Through adding my favorite blogs to google reader (big shout out to you Tonya for suggesting I do this) I found a new blog to fall in love with, Classy Chaos. It was a blog recommended to me based on my subscriptions (I think) and after reading her most recent entry I knew I would have to subscribe. In one post she talks about her passion for photography and capturing the moments that speak to her, moments she connects with. She then challenged her readers to think outside the box in snapping head shots of their children.

Low and behold, her readers took up the challenge and my are there some beautiful photos. I urge anyone to head over to her blog and subscribe for a dose of inspiration and a looksee at how other parents capture "those moments" .

Here's an example of my two favorites taken this summer. I took the one of my daughter and hubby took the one of my son when I was holding him. Both pictures are deeply personal and I feel very connected to them in a way that time cannot take away from me and I'm happy to share them with others.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that summer time wind blown hair on Maggie.

And the smooth baby skin on Ryan. Mmmm...

Great pictures!

Hope Walls said...

Those moments are what I live for... kinda makes me wish I had a camera inside my head that I could trigger at will instead of having to dig in the ladybug bag for the damn camera...

cat said...

Great pics! Love the light in the shot of Ryan.

OHmommy said...

I love his neck.... a place to plant a million kisses.

Thanks for taking the challenge! CUTE shots!

Valarie said...

Both of these are great. I especially love the one of your little girl with her hair in her face. Adorable.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so adorable!

Tonya Staab said...

They are absolutely gorgeous shots. Well done.